Friday, November 11, 2005

meat

When I lived in Archway in London, I used to like to get a feed of steak every so often so I wouldn't forget. One time I went to a butchers on Junction Road and asked him to cut me a t-bone steak. In Australia they usually have them pre-cut in the display, but they're pricey in Britain. So he grabbed a large lump of meat and placed the knife on it to ask me how thick I'd like it. A bit more...... bit more... that'll do. Then he asked how many people it was for. "Just me" I said. "You greedy swine!" he replied.
Cost 7 pounds. That's service.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok..Don't mention the dirty great big 2 kilo prime beef steak I had to smuggle through UK customs in a vacum pack to feed you. I had to watch helplessly as a happy little sniffer dog, chained to a customs officer, wandered around the baggage retrieval area at Heathrow. If it stopped at my pack and went sick, I was certain that the customs officer and the 4 officious dudes toting semi-automatic Male Fashion Accessories would drill me so full of lead that the damn dog would have enough fresh meat for a month.

You, and your family, turned me into a meat mule. Just to support your damn habit. I feel so used.

9:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home